Tuesday, March 20, 2007

11th LG Cup

An interview with Zhou Junxun, 9-dan

The final match of the 11th LG cup will start on March 19 in Seoul. The players are Hu
Yaoyu, 8-dan from China and Zhou Junxun, 9-dan from Taiwan.

- What is the meaning of this match for you?
- It was the main dream of my life!
- What do you think about your chances of winning the match?
- I have about 48% of winning
- What is your private score with Hu Yaoyu, 8-dan?
- As well as I remember, we played twice and we have one-one score
- What can you tell us about your opponent?
- Hu Yaoyu, 8-dan is very strong and he has a good fighting spirit. It’s always hard to beat
him
- How did you prepare for the match?
- I tried to keep my common schedule. I slept well and eat well. I did not make anything
special. I printed Hu Yaoyu’s games and replayed them
- What are the main problems of Go in Taiwan?
- We have fewer tournaments than in Korea or Japan and our prizes are much smaller
- How do you think, who are the top 3 professionals in the world?
- Lee Changho, Lee Sedol … and it will be nice, if I can be a third one someday
- Who are the most difficult opponents for you in Taiwan?
- Lin Zhihan, Chen Seuyen and Yoo Kyeongmin. They are very strong.

Have a good match!

Translated from korean Alexandre Dinerchtein

No comments: