Monday, April 2, 2007

Interview with Gu Li, 9-dan, the winner of the 6th Chunlan cup.

Gu Li, 9-dan won the match against Chang Hao, 9-dan. Tournament table and game records are available on http://www.go4go.net/v2/

- Suddenly you finished the last game quickly. Was the difference so big?
- Yes, I was more than 15 points ahead even before the lunch break.
- Is it true that yesterday you went climbing on Mount Chagumsan?
- Yes, I did it because I can sleep well if I get tired.
- What do you think about the performance of Hu Yaoyu, 8-dan in the recent LG Cup?
- I don't know the reason why, but he did not show as his power at all. None of the 3 games
in the match were played in his usual style.
- What do you think about the second game of your match with Chang Hao?
- I was leading that game from the early stages. Later, Chang Hao, 9-dan made some
overplays, probably because he was nervous, and I punished them well. Actually, it was not a
hard game for me.
- What are your feelings after winning the match?
- Of course, I am very happy, but one cannot compare the Chunlan Cup to the previous LG Cup,
which was the first World Championship that I won.
- It's your second International victory. Will we see a 3rd?
- Yes, I will try make my best to win more tournaments!

Translated from korean Alexandre Dinerchtein

No comments: