Tuesday, October 23, 2007

An interview with Wang Xi, 9-dan

Wang Xi, 9-dan, the member of the Chinese team won two games straight during the recent Nongshim Cup

What do you think about your games?
Both games with Hong Minpyo, 6-dan (Korea) and Kono Rin, 9-dan (Japan) were easy for me. I got a big lead in the beginning twice. The last game with Kono Rin, 9-dan was even easier. I was able to keep some time till the end of the game, so I counted the balance accurately and was sure, that I am winning.

What do you think about your chances in the next game?
I will meet someone from the Korean team. All members are very strong. I will try to win at least one game more.

We heard that Lee Changho, 9-dan will appear earlier and he will not stay as the last member as usual. You will probably meet him in your next game.
Yes, I heard about it too.

So, if he really will be the next one, what will you say us about your chances?
I will make my best. I know that my chances are smaller, but I am not afraid of him.

Will you prepare for this game?
I know his Go very well, so it's not even necessary to prepare. I played him 3 times and my score is 1-2.

The next game of the Nongshim cup will be played in Pusan (Korea) on November, 26.



Translated from korean by Alexander Dinerchtein

No comments: